Oath Pizza started as a small town venture in Nantucket, Massachusetts, but an infusion of capital has allowed them to quickly expand. They now have locations in a dozen states, each tossing “certified humane” pizzas with ample dairy-free and plant-based options.
Oath Pizza Promises Quality Pies with Endless Dairy-Free Options
There are several pizza chains jumping on the dairy-free bandwagon, but Oath Pizza stands out in a few ways. First, several of their meat toppings are Certified Humane and free from added chemicals, hormones, and antibiotics. Second, they make a trade secret thin crust that’s hand-stretched, grilled, and then seared in avocado oil. Finally, they’ve recently launched breakfast pizzas with dairy-free options at select locations.
Guide to Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free & Vegan Menu Items*
You won’t be able to order a pie straight off their “Craft Pizza” menu, but you can “Build Your Own Selfie.” Here is how to order dairy-free, gluten-free, or vegan at Oath Pizza.
- You can choose either crust, their classic or gluten-free. Both are dairy-free, but the gluten-free one does contain egg. So only the classic crust is vegan.
- All of their sauces and spreads are gluten-free, but only the Tomato and Roasted Cherry Tomato sauces are dairy-free and vegan.
- According to an Oath Pizza representative, all of their humanely raised meat toppings are dairy-free. This includes the Artisanal Pepperoni, Italian Sausage, Roasted Chicken, Pulled Pork, and Applegate Smoked Bacon. We believe they are gluten-free, too, but check with the shop before ordering. They do not offer a vegan meat alternative at this time.
- All of their veggie toppings are vegan and gluten-free. The list includes the usual suspects, plus some unique options like Roasted Potatoes, Pickled Red Onions, Kalamata Olives, and White Beans.
- They do offer vegan cheese! I was told by the company that it’s Daiya, and thus free of top allergens.
- You can choose a drizzle to top your creation. The Sriracha, BBQ, Balsamic, and Chili Oil are all vegan, and the Spicy Aioli is dairy-free (it contains egg).
- The salads at Oath Pizza are a little trickier to order dairy-free. But you can choose a Greek without cheese and ask for a balsamic drizzle instead of their dressing. Their Croutons are dairy-free.
- If you’re at one of their locations that serves breakfast, you can order any of their Breakfast Pizzas dairy-free. They cook the eggs with a little salt, but without milk, cream, or butter. And they are happy to swap vegan cheese for the dairy cheese.
Always Use Caution if Cross-Contamination is a Concern
*Please note that Oath Pizza does disclaim gluten in their kitchen, and has a warning up for celiac customers. Likewise customers with severe milk allergies should use caution and speak to ascertain safety before ordering.
Where to Find Oath Pizza
You can find the highest concentration of locations near their home base, in Boston. But this rapidly expanding chain now has restaurants in Alabama, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia, Washington, and Washington, D.C. See their website below for addresses, hours, and to order online.