I’ve got a big story on Attune Foods today, Top 10 Favorite Foods for Delicious Gluten-Free Fiber. But I couldn’t fit all of my picks into this short list. Therefore I also have…
5 Gluten-Free Fiber Runner Ups
- Amaranth: It rivals quinoa in fiber (5 grams per cup cooked), but edges it out in both protein and calcium. Amaranth is just a bit harder to find and slightly expensive.
- Artichokes: Toss the hearts on salads or pizza for 7.2 grams of fiber per half cup.
- Flaxseeds: Grind them and toss on salad or blend into a hearty baked goodie for 2.7 grams of fiber per tablespoon.
- Peas: A not-too-shabby 9 grams per cup; I only wish fresh peas had a longer season.
- Prunes: Grandma would be disappointed in me if I didn’t mention her favorite – they clock in at over 12 grams per cup.
For my Top 10 Picks, click on the image below, it will take you straight to my article!