We’ve been waiting years for Breyers to release a plain old vanilla dairy-free frozen dessert, and it’s finally here. But rather than sticking with their popular almond milk base, they’ve opted to use trendier oats. Breyers Non-Dairy Oat Milk Ice Cream is the first simple vanilla vegan ice cream to hit the mainstream in affordable, large, 1.5 quart tubs. That’s the equivalent of 3 pints!
Photo from Big Box Vegan
Breyers Adds Basic Vanilla to their Dairy-Free Frozen Dessert Flavors
I’ve fielded countless comments from confused consumers who thought Breyers Lactose-Free Vanilla Ice Cream was dairy-free. It is not. Please make sure you don’t confuse that ice cream with their newer dairy-free version, Breyers Non-Dairy Oat Milk Ice Cream. Here are the quick details for this variety.
Ingredients: water, oat milk (water, hydrolyzed oats), sugar, coconut oil, corn syrup, soluble corn fiber, less than 2% of: soy protein isolate, mono and diglycerides, natural flavor, cellulose gum, guar gum, polysorbate 80, caro bean gum, salt, polysorbate 65, soy lecithin, carrageenan, annatto (for color). Contains soy.
Nutrition (per 2/3 cup): 130 calories, 5g fat, 30mg sodium, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 16g sugars (includes 15g added sugars), <1g protein.*
More Facts on Breyers Breyers Non-Dairy Oat Milk Ice Cream
- Price: $6.89 per 1.5-quart tub
- Availability: Breyers Non-Dairy Oat Milk Ice Cream is sold at Publix, and will roll out to other grocers that carry Breyers Non-Dairy Frozen Desserts.
- Certifications: Breyers Non-Dairy Oat Milk Ice Cream is Certified Kosher DE (for dairy equipment, not ingredients; see our Understanding Kosher Guide).
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, Breyers Non-Dairy Oat Milk Ice Cream is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Breyers does not specify certified gluten-free oats in their ingredients, but the tubs are boldly labeled as “gluten free.”*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Breyers website at www.breyers.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.
Average Reader Review
Leave Your Rating & Review for This Product
What Others Are Saying ...
Great price and taste
I’ve been waiting for this! I love being able to have the amount for the price and it has a spot on flavor and texture!