The incredibly resourceful chef Beverly Lynn Bennett dishes up another simple yet flavorful recipe. As to be expected, her book, the Complete Idiot’s Guide to Vegan Living, has been big a hit. Serve this artichoke pate up as a dip or spread for vegetables, crackers, or breads, as a sandwich filling, or to add flavor to sauces, dressings, salads, grains, or other side dishes.
Special Diet Notes: Artichoke Pate
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 2 tablespoon raw pine nuts
- ¾ cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- 2 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Begin by placing the almonds in a small bowl, cover them with water, place them in the refrigerator, and leave them to soak overnight to loosen their skins.
- Remove the almonds from the water, squeeze each almond between your thumb and forefinger to remove the skin, place them on a towel, and set them aside to dry.
- In a blender or food processor, place the almonds and pine nuts, and process for 1-2 minutes to finely grind them.
- Scrape down the sides of the container, add the remaining ingredients, and process for 1-2 minutes to form a smooth puree.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, as needed.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator. .