This recipe for beef Thai red curry is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Amanda Digges. To qualify, the recipe includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This easy and flavorful beef Thai red curry is packed with vegetables. Amanda uses easy to find green beans, carrots, and tomatoes, but we also like this type of dish with eggplant, bell peppers, and onions.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Beef Thai Red Curry
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, tree nut-free, and soy-free.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 16 ounces So Delicious Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- ¼ cup red curry paste
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup fresh carrots, peeled & sliced ⅛” on an angle
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil
- In a medium skillet over med-high heat, brown the ground beef and drain well. In a large sauce pan, add half of the coconut milk and bring to a simmer over medium high heat and reduce by half, stirring occasionally. Whisk in the curry paste, broth, honey, fish sauce, and remaining coconut milk. Return to a simmer. Add the cooked ground beef, green beans, carrots, ginger, and lemongrass and continue to simmer for 5 minutes. Add the water chestnuts and cherry tomatoes and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the basil.
- Can be served over rice or noodles. Optional garnishes include lime wedges, red pepper flakes and fresh basil.