Special Diet Notes: Coconut Banana French Toast
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cups dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- oil or vegan margarine for frying
- Mash the bananas well and whisk together with the coconut milk, soy milk, sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour into a shallow pan or pie tin.
- Dip both sides of the bread into the mixture, and cook in a lightly greased skillet over medium heat.
- French toast should be lightly golden brown on both sides.