Special Diet Notes: Cocoa Hemp Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
Cocoa Hemp Truffles
This recipe was sent courtesty of the Manitoba Harvest newsletter. They produce hemp seeds and many wonderful products from it (hemp milk, hemp protein powder, hemp oil, etc.). These chocolaty decadent raw truffle morsels are not only loaded in flavor, but are also an excellent source of protein and healthy fats. They nourish your body and taste buds all at the same time!
Author: Manitoba Harves
Serves: 20 to 25 healthy truffles
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- ⅓ cup coconut flakes (or unsweetened shredded coconut)
- 3 tablespoons cacao (cocoa) powder
- 3 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds (Hemp Hearts)
- Place all ingredients in your food processor and mix until all of the ingredients are finely processed, well-combined, and start to stick together.
- Scoop out teaspoonfuls of the mix, and roll between the palms of your hands to make 1-inch balls.
- You can optionally roll them in additional coconut flakes / shreds.
- Store in the refrigerator.