These oatmeal raisin cookies are a sample from the Complete Gluten-Free Cookbook by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt.
Special Diet Notes: Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ½ teaspoon xathan gum
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup dairy-free margarine, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2½ cups gluten-free oats
- 1½ cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease baking sheets.
- In a small bowl or plastic bag, combine oat flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum and baking soda. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat buttery spread, sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in dry ingredients until combined. Stir in oats and raisings.
- Drop dough by rounded spoonfuls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 to 13 minutes, or until lightly browned and just set. Let cool on baking sheets on a rack for 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to five days or free for up to 2 months.