Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Soufflé
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian.
- 12 oz pumpkin, peeled, cored, and diced into 1 in squares, or 2 cup canned, unsweetened pumpkin
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup original dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 eggs, separated
- ⅓ cup chopped or sliced almonds
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Steam pumpkin for 15-18 min, until tender, mash.
- Whisk together oil, honey, and nutmeg and whisk vigorously until the mix becomes cloudy. Add pumpkin, dairy-free milk, and egg yolks, and mix.
- Beat the egg white until stiff, fold into pumpkin mix along with almonds and raisins.
- Grease a 2 qt baking dish, and transfer pumpkin mix to it. Bake for 45-60 min or until firm, serve warm.