“To welcome our new temporary roomate, my other roomate decided to make vegan sugar cookies. She had just bought a bunch of letter-shaped cookie cutters and was excited to try them out. When our new roomate arrived, we all got to decorate them together. I really love decorating cookies.”
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Sugar Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup sugar or granulated sweetener
- 2 egg replacer eggs, prepared
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine
- dash of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- dairy-free milk beverage
- Cream margarine and sugar together, then blend in egg replacer and vanilla, then add sifted flour, salt, baking powder. Combine to form a dough.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill about 1-2 hours.
- Roll dough to desired thickness, approximately ¼ inch thick, and use cookie cutters to form shapes.
- Place cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until just starting to brown. Cool on racks.