Last week, I shared this extensive Dairy-Free Keto Guide with Tips & Recipes. This week, I thought I would follow it up with another sweet treat. These sugar-free, dairy-free keto peanut butter cookies are drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt for that extra special touch. They’re a real treat on their own, but would also be great for sandwiching some dairy-free keto chocolate ice cream!
Dairy-Free Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe with Sea Salt & Chocolate
Even if you aren’t following a low carb diet, these cookies are a nice way to cure sweets cravings without sugar. Because, I don’t know about you, but I could always cut back on sugar a little.
Quick Substitution Notes
If you would prefer to use a different sugar-free sweetener, then you might need to add more. Stevia has concentrated sweetness. Other swaps like allulose or erythritol are more on par with sugar, so you might need as much as 1 cup! You can add the sweetener to taste (before you add the egg).
If you want or need peanut-free, you can substitute almond butter. It should work very well. Sunflower seed butter can be substituted if you also need nut-free, but there is one side effect. Sunflower seeds react with baking soda, and can create a slight greenish hue. This doesn’t affect the taste or quality of the cookies, but can look slightly unappealing. If you can get past appearances, you’ll probably love them.
If you’re looking for an egg-free and vegan option, I recommend using 3 tablespoons of aquafaba. It will produce the closest results, and should meld fairly well with the nutty flavor.
This dairy-free keto peanut butter cookies recipe with photo was shared with us by www.atkins.com.
Special Diet Notes: Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, tree nut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, paleo, and keto-friendly.
- 1 cup smooth or creamy peanut butter (no sugar added)
- 2 teaspoons stevia extract powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar-free dairy-free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (homemade or brands like like Luv or Lily's)
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Set oven racks in the upper- and lower-third positions. Preheat your oven to 350°F, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat the peanut butter, stevia, baking soda, and salt with a hand mixer until well combined, about 1 minute. Reduce the speed to low, add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until combined.
- Shape the dough into 24 balls (about 1 tablespoon each) and place 2 inches apart on your prepared cookie sheets. Using a fork, gently flatten each ball, creating crisscross pattern.
- Bake the cookies, rotating the sheets from top to bottom and back to front halfway through, until the edges begin to brown and the cookies are set, about 7 to 9 minutes. The cookies should not be browned.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the cookie sheets then carefully transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe bowl in the microwave on high in 20-second increments, about 1 minute.
- Dip a fork into the chocolate and drizzle it over the cookies. Sprinkle with the sea salt.