These Rainbow Fruit Parfaits are wonderful for an afternoon snack, or as a fun healthier dessert for serving at parties. And they are so simple that kids can assemble them! Just cut the fruit, set out the ingredients, and let them layer the glasses. You can use fancy parfait glasses, or simple small drinking glasses for an equally dleicious treat.
Rainbow Fruit Parfaits with Dairy-Free Topping for All to Enjoy
The fruit might look magical, but the dairy-free gold is the topping. You can use your favorite plain or vanilla dairy-free yogurt, but most of them will be runnier than the image you see here. They’ll still taste delicious, and look fun, but they won’t have that pillow-y topping look. For that, I recommend a very thick, Greek-style dairy-free yogurt, like Coyo.
For a more indulgent topping, go for dairy-free whip! There are several store brands now available in spray cans and tubs. Just be sure to read the ingredients, because some non-dairy varieties contain dairy. For homemade, try my Foolproof Dairy-Free Whipped Cream Recipe. It’s easy and delicious on fruit!
This fun rainbow fruit parfaits recipe with photo was shared with us by produceforkids.com.
Special Diet Notes: Rainbow Fruit Parfaits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 mandarins, peeled and segmented
- ½ cup chopped pineapple
- 2 kiwis, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup blueberries
- ½ cup red seedless grapes
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt or coconut whip (see post above)
- Layer the strawberries, mandarins, pineapple, kiwis, blueberries, and grapes, in that order, in 3 glasses.
- Top each fruit parfait with ⅓ cup dairy-free yogurt or whip, and serve with a spoon!