Special Diet Notes: Cheesy Vegan Ravioli Filling
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
Cheesy Vegan Ravioli Filling
This recipe was sent in by viewer Christina. She has a food blog at http://chrissikeith.tumblr.com "I don't eat dairy and I'm starting to try to stay away from soy products. It can be hard to do! I found the idea from <a href="http://www.livingtreecommunity.com/store2/recipes.asp#100 " target="_blank">this raw vegan recipe</a> (but it ends up getting cooked anyway). I found I had to adjust the amounts & adding nutritional yeast helps. Also, there was way to much lemon juice in the original recipe for me."
Serves: 2 cups filling
- 1½ cups pine nuts (soaked 1 hour)
- ½ cup whole macadamia nuts (soaked 1 hour)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup frozen spinach (defrosted & squeezed dry)
- Handful basil leaves
- Add everything to a food processor.
- Pulse & add water until you get the consistency you want.