I’m really particular about chocolate. I don’t like chocolate cake, or chocolate in baked goods, like muffins and croissants. Chocolate should be dense and rich in my opinion, without interference from anything fluffy or light. Which is why I do love brownies. Brownies are one of the few baked goods deep enough to support the intensity of chocolate. And I also enjoy sharing dairy-free brownie recipes! These enticing dark chocolate brownies have a triple dose of delicious cacao.
Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Brownies with a Rich Chocolate Glaze
One thing most people don’t realize is that brownies are easily dairy-free. A lot of store-bought brownies use butter, and perhaps another type of dairy. But many of the best brownie recipes are made simply with oil, chocolate, flour, sugar, and eggs.
These dark chocolate brownies are infused with melted dark chocolate that sets up when chilled. So I personally recommend refrigerating these brownies before cutting for the fudgiest experience. Cool brownies are a personal favorite, and letting them set can also help to avoid crumbles.
The recipe includes a buttery, semi-sweet chocolate glaze, which isn’t pictured in the photo. It’s drizzled on the cooled brownies and spread for a fudgy layer. It will also set up once cool.
Vegan brownies, without eggs, are a bit more of a feat than dairy-free brownies. For egg-free brownies, I recommend enjoying a different recipe rather than trying to adapt this one. We have Easy Vegan Pantry Brownies, Double Chocolate Vegan Brownies, and Gluten-Free Fudgy Vegan Brownies for you to whip up!
This dark chocolate brownies recipe with photo was shared with us by www.barefootwine.com. But we have adapted the recipe just a bit.
Special Diet Notes: Dark Chocolate Brownies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free dark chocolate brownies, substitute your favorite all-purpose gluten-free flour blend for the flour.
For egg-free and vegan brownies, see the links in the section above.
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon dairy-free buttery sticks or spread, divided
- 4 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 eggs, at room temperature (see the post above for egg-free options)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour (see post above for gluten-free option)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a 9x9-inch baking dish with foil or parchment paper.
- Put the ½ cup buttery sticks or spread and dark chocolate in a small pot over low heat. Melt, stirring often, until smooth.
- Remove the chocolate from the heat and add the eggs, one at a time, whisking after each addition.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, and salt and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and even it out.
- Bake the brownies for 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate and remaining 1 tablespoon buttery sticks or spread together and whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the brownies, and spread it using an offset spatula.