Sometimes the simplest recipes have the most flavor, like this mixed vegetable grill. Using ripe, in season ingredients guarantees delicious results.
This simply seasoned mixed vegetable grill recipe was shared with us by McCormick and registered dietitian Wendy Bazilian. “Adding spices and herbs is easy to do, and they only cost pennies per serving,” says Bazilian. “You can also dial up the flavor depending on the cooking method.” In this recipe, grilling the vegetables gives a smoky, charred flavor.
To add flavor to everyday vegetable favorites like zucchini and carrots, Bazilian recommends an easy rule of thumb: start with 1/4 teaspoon of spices and herbs, such as basil and oregano, per cup of veggies, along with a splash of citrus juice or olive oil. This mixed vegetable grill recipe uses a combination of garlic, basil, and black pepper, but McCormick offered this fun chart with other recommended flavor combinations.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Mixed Vegetable Grill
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups assorted cut-up vegetables, such as asparagus, bell peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion and small sweet potato
- Mix the brown sugar, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the oil over the vegetables and toss to coat well. Add the seasoning mixture and toss to coat well.
- Place the vegetables in a grill basket or rack, or thread onto skewers.
- Grill over medium heat 10–12 minutes, turning occasionally, or until the vegetables are tender.
Pingback: Grilled Balsamic Vegetable Skewers Recipe (Kid-Friendly!)
Pingback: 30 Vegan BBQ & Grilling Recipes - Vegan Heaven
Pingback: 12 Amazing Vegan Grilling Recipes - A Virtual Vegan
Pingback: Tender Herb Green Beans Recipe with Balsamic (Dairy-Free)
Pingback: Garlic Roasted Broccoli and Tomatoes Recipe (Dairy-Free)