This fast, easy, and delicious vegan peppermint fudge recipe is perfect for the holiday season. It’s not only dairy-free and egg-free, it’s also naturally gluten-free, and can be made soy-free and tree nut-free. It’s a beloved recipe by my good friend Hannah.
Special Diet Notes: 5-Minute Vegan Peppermint Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 3½ cups powdered confectioner’s sugar
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free buttery spread, sticks, or coconut oil
- ½ cup regular full-fat coconut milk (canned, not beverage)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 9 crushed candy canes, divided
- Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Optionally line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar and cocoa powder. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Put the coconut milk and buttery spread or oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, while stirring, until the buttery spread or oil has melted and bubbles just begin to break at the surface.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and immediately pour the coconut mixture over the chocolate mixture. Let sit for a few minutes to melt the chocolate, then vigorously stir until smooth.
- Mix in the extracts and roughly 4 of the crushed candy canes, and quickly pour everything into your prepared pan. Smooth out the top and sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes evenly over top. Gently press the candy into the fudge.
- Let the fudge cool completely before cutting it into squares. To hasten the process, you can cover and refrigerate the fudge until set.