This recipe for steam-fried banana pecan pancake is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Hidemi Walsh. To qualify, the recipe includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Steam-Fried Banana Pecan Pancake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. It could easily be adapted to gluten-free (with an all-purpose gluten-free flour blend) or egg-free/vegan (with a powdered egg replacer), though we haven’t tested these options.
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 banana, thinly sliced crosswise
- ⅛ cup chopped pecans
- Honey or maple syrup, to serve
- Put flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl and stir together.
- In another bowl, beat egg and stir in almond milk. Add flour mixture and blend well.
- In an 8-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. When the oil warms up, pour the pancake batter into the skillet. Place banana and pecans on top of the pancake batter, cover with lid, reduce heat to low and steam fry the pancake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of the pancake comes out clean and the outside of the pancake is crisp and golden brown.
- Put the pancake on a serving plate and drizzle with honey, maple syrup or pancake syrup.