This recipe for a strawberry pizza cookie was a “dessert” entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free 3-Course Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Nicole Herman. She uses a shortcut sugar cookie mix to make this recipe quick and easy. Believe it or not, there are many dairy-free sugar cookie mixes. We’ve added a note to her post with suggestions.
Special Diet Notes: Fruit Pizza Cookie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
For a vegan fruit pizza cookie, use a vegan specific sugar cookie mix (and follow those directions), or try this Vegan Fruit Tart Pizza Recipe.
- 1 pouch dairy-free sugar cookie mix (see Sugar Cookie Mix Note below)
- 1 dairy-free buttery spread stick (1/2 cup), softened (like Earth Balance)
- 1 egg
- 2 (6-ounce) containers Greek-style dairy-free yogurt (see Yogurt Note below)
- ¼ cup powdered confectioner's sugar
- 8 ounces thinly sliced strawberries and other fresh fruit.
- Preheat your convection oven to 325°F or regular oven to 350°F
- Put the sugar cookie mix, buttery stick, and egg in a mixing bowl, and beat with a mixer until a soft dough forms.
- Place the ball of cookie dough on a round pizza pan and form into the shape of a pizza.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden. Let cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Evenly spread yogurt topping on cooled cookie crust. Top with fruit as desired.
Yogurt Note: Nicole originally used So Delicious, but they discontinued their Greek-style line. There are a few brands, like Kite Hill, that make Greek-style. But we prefer rich brands, like Coyo, for best results. If you don't have access to a very thick dairy-free yogurt, then use 1 6-ounce container of yogurt, and blend in about ½ of an 8-ounce tub of dairy-free cream cheese alternative.