This recipe for Thai chicken noodle soup is a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Suzanne Banfield. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Culinary Coconut Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Unlike so many Asian dishes, this one is made without soy sauce or tofu, making it easily soy-free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, and generally food allergy-friendly.
- 2 ounces wide rice noodles
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 container (11 ounces) So Delicious Dairy Free Original Culinary Coconut Milk
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch sticks
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt, pepper and water
- Soak rice noodles in warm water for 15 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
- In soup pot, whisk together broth and curry paste; bring to boil. Add coconut milk and red pepper. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return broth to a boil; add chicken, noodles, spinach and brown sugar. Cook for about 3 minutes or until spinach has wilted and chicken is warm.
- Taste for seasoning; adjust with salt and pepper, as needed, or thinning with water, if desired. Serve immediately.