Over the weekend, we wrapped up the #DairyFreeHolidays Instagram Contest, hosted by Go Dairy Free and sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free, and I was in awe of the many sweet, festive beverages and desserts that were shared. We dairy-free people certainly don’t go without! I was also inspired to try something a little new, like this vegan eggnog pudding recipe.
Indeed there are no eggs in this delight (recipe below!), and most of the goodies you shared via the contest were vegan, too! I wish that I had time to post everything from that event, but with around 450 posts, it could take quite some time. So today I’m going to share three awesome things …
Final Winner List: #DairyFreeHolidays Instagram Contest
- 12/4: @kimlivlife won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/5: @esker3 won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/6: @gfjules won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/7: @cadryskitchen won a $200 cash gift!
- 12/8: @zanderbear won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/9: @whatrunslori won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/10: @chirt143 won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/11: @angeltrios19 won a $200 cash gift!
- 12/12: @stellabella1214 won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/13: @makingitmilkfree won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/14: @feastingonfruit won a $200 cash gift!
- 12/15: @tofumom won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/16: @themirandajeanne won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/17: @lexieskitchen won So Delicious FREE product coupons
- 12/18: @prettybeeblog won a $200 cash gift!
Feel free to comment below if you are a winner and you haven’t reached out to me yet!
26 Sweet Ways to Enjoy the Dairy-Free Holidays
From top left (going across by row:
- Gluten Free French Toast Overnight Nog Casserole from gfJules
- Non-Dairy Mocha Pudding from foodfashionandfun
- Creamy Dairy-Free Cheesecake with Sugared Cranberries from prettybeeblog
- Hippy Hemp Date Hot (or Cold) Chocolate from feastingonfruit
- GF Gingerbread Cookies Formed in a Mini Muffin Tin and Topped with CocoWhip from celiacandthebeast
- Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix with Prep Instructions (big photo) from so_delicious
- Matcha Latte made with Almond Milk from jessicabeacom.dietitian
- Homemade Peppermint Patties from godairyfree
- White Chocolate Nog Fudge from makingitmilkfree
- Healthy Paleo “Grinch” Cheesecake from whatrunslori
- So Delicious Peppermint Stars Bars pic from idreamofjenn2
- Spiked Dairy-Free Nog with Fresh Nutmeg from reciperenovator
- Frosted Molasses Cookies from prettybeeblog
- Chocolate Coconut Truffles from kimlivlife
- Toasty Graham Latte with Cinnamon Whip from spabettie
- Maple Buttery Pecan Mylkshake from godairyfree
- Mini Pie Trifecta from so_delicious
- Enjoying Hot Chocolate Mint Coconut Milk with CocoWhip from peace_lovelive
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Bark from so_delicious
- Cereal and Vegan Nog from bittersweet
- Dairy-Free Chocolate Cream Pie from gfJules
- Dessert Pizza Roll-Ups from tracybnutrimom
- Holiday Detox Cacao Seed Shake from jamie_jetaime
- Lemon Blender Pie from lexieskitchen
- Two-Bite Healthy Vegan S’mores from rickiheller
- Chocolate Caramel Frozen Cupcakes from wendypolisi
and finally, that vegan eggnog pudding recipe …
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Eggnog Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- Place 1½ cups of the nog and the salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ½ cup nog and cornstarch until smooth.
- When the mixture in the saucepan just begins to steam, whisk in the cornstarch mixture.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture starts to thicken and barely reaches a boil, just a few minutes. Immediately reduce heat to very low and whisk as it cooks for 4 to 5 minutes, it should be relatively thick.
- Remove from the heat, whisk in the coconut oil (or buttery spread) and let cool 5 minutes.
- Pour into a medium bowl and cover with plastic wrap touching the pudding. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Fold in the whip, cover, and chill for another hour, or until ready to serve. Sprinkle each serving with a little nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Whisk altogether until smooth. Bring to a simmer over med heat, let thicken as you whisk for about 3 minutes. Should thicken to a very thick sauce-like consistency, not quite pudding.Remove from heat, stir in:
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- Let cool 5 min.
- Pour into a container and cover w/ plastic wrap. Let cool in refrigerator 2 hours.
- Fold in ½ to ⅔ cup cocowhip. Return to fridge and chill until set.