Many of the great indulgences in life can be naturally dairy-free, like wine (see note below). So I thought it would be fun to share these adult-only summer wine spritzers as refreshing, casual inspiration for your next pool party, baseball game or backyard barbecue.
These recipes and photos for summer wine spritzers were shared with us by Barefoot Cellars, but this is not a sponsored post. I just thought they would be fun to share! If you can’t locate their Refresh Spritzers for these recipes, then use this formula…
Easy, Baseline Wine Spritzer
- 1 part club soda (250 mL for a full bottle)
- 2 parts wine of choice (500 mL for a full bottle)
Stir those two ingredients into any of the recipes below in place of the pre-made wine spritzer. Of course, you will want to match the type of wine … white for a white white spritzer, blush for a pink one, etc.
Special Diet Notes: Summer Wine Spritzers
By ingredients, the recipes below are dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
That said, use caution when selecting the wine for these summer wine spritzers. Some wineries use top allergens for fining agents, such as casein (milk protein), gluten or egg protein. It isn’t extremely common in the U.S., but does happen. See my Guide to Dairy-Free Alcohol for more details.
- Place the mandarin oranges and syrup into a pitcher. Add the raspberries, juice from lemon and simple syrup. Top with the pink spritzer.
- Serve the spritzer over ice, topping with additional club soda, if desired.
- Place the fruit, rosemary sprig, brandy and simple syrup in a pitcher. Cover and allow to soak for 2 to 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, add the chilled white spritzer to the pitcher. Stir briefly. Serve over ice.
- Place the mint sprigs, lime juice, honeydew melon, pear and simple syrup in cocktail shake and muddle lightly. Add the white wine and ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain the spritzer into a tall glass over fresh ice. Top with the club soda and garnish with a mint sprig.
- Place the watermelon, strawberries and simple syrup in a blender (no ice). Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a tall glass over ice. Top with the spritzer and garnish with the watermelon wedge.
- Place the frozen fruit in a large pitcher. Add the simple syrup and fresh juice from the oranges and lemon. Top with the brandy and red wine and stir. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Add sliced fruit, if desired. Serve over ice.