I had to post this eggs benedict from Olympic for some Sunday morning indulgence! The yogurt hollandaise is a little lighter than the classic, but still tastes just as creamy and rich. The crispy english muffin, hearty ham, soft egg, and creamy hollandaise all together make for such a pleasant breakfast experience!
Special Diet Notes: Eggs Benedict
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and nut-free (depending on yogurt you choose). Optionally vegetarian and gluten-free.
- 4 eggs
- 2 English muffins, toasted
- 4 slices ham, lightly fried - can use vegetarian ham
- ¾ cup dairy free hollandaise sauce - see below
- Poach eggs. Split muffins and toast. Place each muffin on a serving plate, top with ham and poached egg. Pour hollandaise sauce over eggs and serve at once.
- ¾ cup unsweetened dairy-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoon lemon (or lime) juice
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- dash Tabasco sauce
- In top of double boiler, whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, egg yolks, mustard, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook over simmering water, stirring constantly for 8 to 12 minutes or until sauce is thick. Taste and adjust seasoning. (May be made ahead and reheated.)