Imagine fizzy dairy-free chocolate milk beverage with a generous, melting scoop of coconut frozen dessert – and perhaps a little whipped topping for garnish – and you’ve got this cool chocolate coconut macaroon float. The recipe is a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (over $3500 in cash prizes available!) submitted by Susan Mason. And I thought it was the perfect entry to feature on National Root Beer Float Day!
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate Coconut Macaroon Float
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian. Just be sure to select a chocolate syrup that meets your dietary needs for this macaroon float. Even Hershey’s has a dairy-free version, but there are also allergy-friendly brands like organic, non-dairy Ah!laska Chocolate Syrup.
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- Seltzer water or soda water
- 1 scoop So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Bean Frozen Dessert
- CocoWhip or homemade whipped coconut milk, optional
- Add the chocolate syrup to a 16 ounce glass.
- Stir in the milk beverage. Fill to ¾ full with the seltzer water and top with a generous scoop of frozen dessert.
- Top with a dollop of whipped coconut cream, if you so desire. Drink, stir, drink and totally enjoy.