Mom’s Curry Chicken
Thank you to Go Dairy Free viewer Kerri, for emailing in this recipe to share, “This was a great (and really quick) suggestion by my mom for our family! We had it tonight & the boys (2 & 4.5) ate a HUGE bowl full! It was a good change from our usually tomato-based sauces.”
- 1/3 cup dairy-free margarine [use a brand like Earth Balance soy-free or coconut for soy-free]
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 2-4 tsp curry powder (use your discretion – ours was mild curry, but mom’s is extra hot)
- 5 chicken breasts (or frying chicken, cut up, or pieces)
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl & microwave until fluid.
- Stir well & pour into bottom of a 9X13 pan.
- Lay thawed chicken pieces on top.
- Flip pieces so that they are covered with sauce on both sides.
- Cover in foil.
- Bake at 325 for 1.5 hours (we do 350 for 1.25 hours).
Copyright Fleming Marrs Inc. ~ www.GoDairyFree.org
Tagged egg--free, food allergy-friendly, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free