The Flying Star Café was recommended to us by Go Dairy Free viewer Gina. This conscious eatery offers much for the dairy-free community, but also goes above and beyond in quality and disclosure:
- They cook from scratch, avoiding MSG, added trans fats, preservatives, and artificial flavors.
- They use recycled and biodegradable products – even their delivery trucks run on biodiesel!
- They source ingredients locally and regionally whenever possible, even listing their direct suppliers right on their website. Certified Organic and American Humane Certified are also priorities in their sourcing.
- They offer detailed “mix and match” vegan offerings, and many more menu items that are also dairy-free.
- They offer several “gluten-free” items but fully disclose the issues with cross-contamination that are probable – very respectful.
Their menu is broad, with full breakfasts, burgers, sandwiches, salads, seasonal offerings and even bakery-fresh goodies.
This is a localized chain with several restaurants in Albuquerque and even one in Santa Fe (perhaps more in the future!). See their website, below, for locations.