This decadent dairy-free cheesecake recipe was shared with us by Enjoy Life Foods. It uses their soft-baked, gluten-free brownie cookies for the perfect crust. The chocolate-vanilla cheesecake filling is a rich, dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free swirl of chocolate and vanilla. It’s tested vegan, too!
Special Diet Notes: Chocolate-Vanilla Swirl Dairy-Free Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, optionally egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1½ cups brownie cookie crumbs (1 box Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Brownie Cookies, processed into crumbs)
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon dairy-free buttery spread
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 (8-ounce) package dairy-free cream cheese alternative
- 1 egg or egg substitute*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan.
- To prepare the crust, mix the cookie crumbs, brown rice flour, cocoa powder, and tapioca starch together in a medium bowl. Add the buttery spread and whisk it in until coarse crumbs form.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of your prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes to set the crust. Leave the oven on.
- To prepare the vanilla cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg or egg substitute, and vanilla in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- To prepare the chocolate cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg or egg substitute, cocoa powder, and vanilla in another mixing bowl until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Spoon dollops of chocolate and vanilla filling over the baked crust. With a knife, gently swirl the dollops for a marbled appearance.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool. Cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight before cutting and serving.