This recipe for Coconut Milk Scones is a “30 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest, submitted by reader Jennifer Hillman. For the scones and glaze, she uses Culinary Coconut Milk from So Delicious.
Enjoy the double-dose of orange zest in the coconut milk scones and glaze.
Special Diet Notes: Coconut Milk Scones
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1¼ cups cold canned coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (full fat)
- ½ cup powder sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Combine dry ingredients, and pour in coconut milk until just mixed. Fold in cranberries. Form dough into ball.
- On a floured surface roll dough in a circle about 1 inch thick and cut into triangles. Place on parchment lined baking pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- For the glaze combine coconut milk, powdered sugar and orange zest. Pour over warm scones.
- Serve warm with tea or coffee.