The familiar flavors of sauteed onion, crisp-tender celery, warm poultry seasoning and nourishing broth are brightened and enriched with a touch of tangy dried fruit and toasty nuts in this quick cranberry pecan multi-grain stuffing recipe.
This recipe for multi-grain stuffing was shared with us by Riviana Foods, the makers of Minute Rice. Their blend includes three types of whole grain rice (brown, red and wild) plus quinoa. And unbelievably, it takes just five minutes to cook! If you must swap another grain blend, see my notes below.
Special Diet Notes: Cranberry Pecan Multi-Grain Stuffing
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan / plant-based, and optionally vegetarian.
Rice Swap? Note that the Minute Rice Multi-Grain blend of red, brown and wild rice with quinoa is par-boiled, so less liquid is needed. If using another rice, you will want to use about 1 cup to get 4 servings, but either use white rice or increased the broth as needed if using whole grains – they will need more liquid and much more cooking time (usually closer to 30 minutes).
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh celery
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chicken broth (substitute no-chicken broth for vegan)
- 1 bag Minute® Multi-Grain Medley, uncooked (see notes in post above for regular rice)
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Salt to taste, optional
- Black pepper to taste, optional
- Heat the oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and celery, and saute for 2 minutes, or until crisp tender.
- Add the poultry seasoning, cranberries and broth. Bring to boil, and stir in the rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pecans and season with salt and pepper, if desired.