This insanely simple granola apple crisp recipe was originally shared with us by Debra’s Natural Gourmet. They made it with their Stark Sisters granola, a maple-sweetened, dairy-free brand that was produced for a quarter century. It’s no longer in production, but you can bake this with your favorite granola. Use a dairy-free store-bought granola or bake your own – it’s easy!
Special Diet Notes: Easy Granola Apple Crisp
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 12 cups peeled and sliced or chopped apple (can sub pears, peaches, nectarines, or a combination of fruits)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup maple syrup (can use a little less if your fruit is quite sweet)
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 cups dairy-free granola (see post above for suggestions)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Put the fruit in a large bowl. Add the maple syrup, lemon juice, and cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Spoon the fruit into a large shallow baking dish.
- Bake the fruit for 45 minutes or until tender and bubbly.
- Remove the dish from the oven and evenly spread the granola on top of the cooked fruit.
- Return the baking dish to the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- You can serve it hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Leftovers can be kept covered in the refrigerator for a few days, or frozen to enjoy later.