This peach melba sunset smoothie recipe was submitted by Shelly Platten as a Sippable entry in the BIG Snackable Recipe Contest (entries are now closed, but the winners will be announced on that post!).
The contest is a celebration of our new FREE Snackable eBook with delicious, original Sweet, Savory and Sippable Dairy-Free Recipes. Download and enjoy it now via PDF, iTunes, Kindle, Kobo or Google Play: www.godairyfree.org/snackable-ebook
Since I have tested and approved this peach melba sunset smoothie recipe as one I would repeat, I’ve added it to the “Alisa’s Recipes” section and the pictures shown here are my own. Here are the modifications that I have recommended in the recipe and optional adaptions:
Milk Beverage Amount: Using the full 3/4 cup milk beverage that Shelly called for makes a thin sunset smoothie (the raspberry mixture falls right down the center! It took a bit of work to get the pink to emerge in streaks). For a thicker blend that is easier to layer, start with 1/2 cup milk beverage and add more as desired.
Lower Sugar: If you want to go all “Unsweetened” with the milk beverage and dairy-free yogurt, or if your peach isn’t very ripe, you can brighten the flavor with a few drops of pure stevia.
Keep the Peel: I peeled the peach, as Shelly recommended, for these pictures, but if you don’t mind little peach skin flecks in your peach melba sunset smoothie, you can skip the peeling.
Special Diet Notes: Peach Melba Sunset Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, top allergen-free, and optionally paleo.
- 1 frozen very ripe banana, broken into chunks
- 1 peach, peeled, pitted and chopped
- ½ to ¾ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Original Coconut Milk Beverage (see "Alisa's Notes" above)
- 2 tablespoons So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Vanilla Cultured Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon honey (or agave nectar for vegan)
- 14 raspberries, 2 reserved for garnish
- In a blender combine the frozen banana, peach, milk beverage, dairy-free yogurt, and honey or agave nectar. Blend until smooth.
- Pour most of the peach mixture into a serving glass, leaving about ⅓ cup in the blender. Add 12 raspberries to the blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the raspberry mixture on top of the peach mixture and use skewer or a thin knife to push the raspberry mixture down the sides of the glass to create pretty streaked ‘sunset’ appearance. Garnish with the additional raspberries.