These deliciously sweet popcorn bars are perfect for picnics and other gatherings, from birthdays to potlucks! Rather than oats or crispies, the base of this treat is purely popcorn – a surprise that most will love. Or at least the popcorn fanatics like me will be all over them!
For this popcorn bars recipe, I’ve offered non-refined sweetener options. They will change the flavor slightly, but still be sweet and delicious. We often use coconut sugar in place of both white and brown, just ensure that it completely dissolves when boiling the mixture.
Beyond the peanut butter popcorn bars recipe below, here are some more great popcorn-inspired recipes for summer and beyond:
- Cheesy Dairy-Free Popcorn
- Perfect Popcorn + 5 Seasoning Recipes
- Sea Salt Caramel Popcorn Clusters
- Peanut Butter Cinnamon Popcorn
- Popcorn S’mores Clusters
- Chocolate-Dipped Popcorn Power Bars
- Nutty Popcorn Pretzel Sticks
The recipe and photo for these peanut butter popcorn bars was shared with us by the Popcorn Board.
Special Diet Notes: Peanut Butter Popcorn Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, optionally peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup light corn syrup, agave nectar, or honey
- ½ cup sugar (can sub coconut sugar, if desired)
- ½ cup brown sugar (can sub coconut sugar, if desired)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (can sub sunflower seed butter or nut butter of choice)
- 8 cups air-popped popcorn (pop ¼ cup organic popcorn kernels)
- ¾ cup raisins
- Whisk the sweeteners and peanut butter together in a large saucepan.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil over medium-low heat, stirring constantly; boil 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Combine the popcorn and raisins in a large bowl.
- Pour the hot peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and carefully stir with a wooden spoons to mix until well-coated.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, and gently press the popcorn mixture into the pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.