It doesn’t get much easier than this simple, dairy-free sweet potato casserole from our friends at Enjoy Life. They opt to finish off this sweet side with a top 8 allergen-free rice crisp.
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Sweet Potato Casserole
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 3 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil (optional)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Stir the ground flax with the 3 tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Let sit 10 to 15 minutes to gel before use.
- Mix the Topping ingredients and set aside.
- Blend the Sweet Potato Filling ingredients (including the flax mixture) and place in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- Bake at 400°F for 35 to 40 minutes, or until heated throughout the casserole dish.
- Add topping and bake for 10 more minutes.