About two weeks ago, I shared the release of a new dairy-free cookbook, Super Seeds: The Complete Guide to Cooking with Power-Packed Chia, Flax, Hemp, Quinoa and Amaranth, by my friend Kim Lutz. Along with it, she shared a sample recipe from the book for Creamy Golden Corn Soup. Now that you’ve gotten a taste of the savory side of Super Seeds, I thought a sample sweet was in order. Kim agreed, and has offered these tempting, yet healthy, vegan granola cookies.
These vegan granola cookies pack all the goodness of super seed–loaded granola into a crunchy cookie that tastes great, travels well, and will quickly become your go-to lunch box and picnic cookie. Enjoy them with a tall glass of iced tea on a hot day or a warm cup of cocoa whenever you feel a chill setting in.
In addition to the Creamy Golden Corn Soup and Vegan Granola Cookies below, Super Seeds has over 70 additional recipes that incorporate chia, quinoa, flax, hemp, and/or amaranth with other wholesome ingredients. Some of the other recipes include Blueberry Coffee Cake, Amaranth Stuffed Acorn Squash, Lemon Basil Quinoa Salad, Pesto Veggie Burgers, Quinoa Lentil Soup, Hemp Seed Hummus, and Massaged Kale Salad.
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Granola Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan / plant-based, vegetarian, and generally top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 cup oat flour (certified gluten-free, if needed), white whole wheat flour, or spelt flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups vegan granola (see note in summary above)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar or evaporated cane juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup dairy-free chocolate chips or dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in granola.
- In a large bowl, combine applesauce and baking powder. Mix in sugar and coconut oil.
- Stir granola mixture into wet ingredients, half at a time. Stir in chocolate chips or dried fruit.
- Drop tablespoon-size dollops of batter onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies firm up for a minute or two before moving them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Pingback: Basic Homemade Granola Recipe for Breakfast, Snacking, or Topping
Pingback: Baked Vegan Pumpkin Donuts Recipe (with Ancient Grains!)
Pingback: Pesto Veggie Burgers - Wendy Polisi
REALLY good looking cookies!
They are, aren’t they? Kim makes fantastic healthy recipes that always stun!
These look yummy and so healthy! Thanks!
Pingback: Cookbook review: Super Seeds by Kim Lutz - Recipe Renovator
Pingback: Pesto Veggie Burgers - Cooking Quinoa
Pingback: Quinoa Lentil Soup from Super Seeds | Ricki Heller
Perfect for a healthy treat! And they look so cute, too. 🙂
these look great – I think I will add them to my holiday cookie trays this year!
Thank you, Alisa, for your support! You are the best!!!