This easy Mexican fiesta dip recipe doubles as a condiment or even a side salad. Use it atop tacos instead of cheese for a delicious dairy-free punch or over brown rice and your favorite protein (fish, chicken or tofu would be great) for a quick and easy “rice bowl” lunch.
Since it is summertime, you can certainly prepare this perfectly spicy Mexican fiesta dip with fresh vegetables, but the canned option makes it a year-round dish and an easy recipe to make with kids. Feel free to adjust the Tabasco up or down to your family’s favorite heat, or if your like me, skip the Tabasco but serve with your favorite hot sauce (we love Chalula in our house!).
Special Diet Notes: Spicy Mexican Fiesta Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally food allergy-friendly!
This Mexican fiesta dip recipe and accompanying photo were shared with us by Cans Get You Cooking, a website that offers recipe ideas for cooking with canned food (note that not all of their recipes are dairy-free).
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.25-ounce) cans no salt added diced tomatoes (or fire-roasted!)
- 2 (11-ounce) cans no salt added sweet whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chili peppers, drained
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Baked tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, stir together the black beans, diced tomatoes with liquid, corn, chili peppers, oil, vinegar, salt and Tabasco. Cover and refrigerate 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, thoroughly stir in the avocado and cilantro. Serve with tortilla chips.