Over the past couple of years, Whole Foods has been methodically expanding their house brand of dairy-free products. This year, we’ve already seen Vegan Cheddar Crackers, Oat-Based Spray Whip, and Plant-Based “Cool” Whip hit shelves. But they’ve also added another cheese alternative in the form of 365 Plant-Based Parmesan Shreds.
365 Plant-Based Parmesan Cheese is in Shreds at Whole Foods
We love the tub style packaging of this alternative which allows for easy serving. But how does it taste? It’s very similar to two brands on the market (for good reason), but not the one you might think! Once you’ve bought and tried this parma copycat, be sure to leave your unbiased rating and review below. It helps others make an informed purchasing decision.
Ingredients: modified potato starch, water, expeller pressed coconut oil, sea salt, natural flavors, rice protein concentrate, olive extract. contains expeller pressed coconut oil.
Nutrition (per 1 tablespoon): 15 calories, 1g fat, 2g carbs, 0g fiber, 0g sugars (includes 0g added sugars), 0g protein.*
Who Makes 365 Plant-Based Parmesan Cheese Alternative?
Generics aren’t typically produced by the grocery store themselves. They private label the products from various manufacturers. And it looks like 365 Plant-Based Parmesan Cheese is probably produced by Good Planet Foods, possibly via Violife. The ingredients are remarkably similar to Good Planet Parmesan Shreds, and are just slightly different from Violife Vegan Parmesan Wedges. All three products are produced in Greece, which is where Violife has their headquarters and manufacturing facility.
More Facts on 365 Plant-Based Parmesan Cheese Alternative
- Price: $4.99 per 5-ounce tub
- Availability: 365 Plant-Based Parmesan Cheese Alternative is sold at Whole Foods stores in the U.S. It might be in Canada, too. Look for it in the refrigerated cheese alternative section, which is usually separate from their cheese department.
- Certifications: 365 Plant-Based Parmesan Cheese Alternative is Non-GMO Verified and Certified Kosher Pareve.
- Dietary Notes: By ingredients, 365 Plant-Based Parmesan Cheese Alternative is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.*
- For More Product Information: Visit the Whole Foods website at www.wholefoodsmarket.com.
*Always read the ingredient and nutrition statement prior to consumption. Ingredients, processes, and labeling are subject to change at any time for any company or product. Contact the company to discuss their manufacturing processes if potential allergen cross-contamination is an issue for you. No food product can be guaranteed “safe” for every individual’s needs. You should never rely on ingredient and allergen statements alone if dealing with a severe food allergy.