This strawberry chai smoothie recipe is from my friend Lori at What Runs Lori. She’s a personal trainer and an expert in making nutrient-packed smoothies. She proclaimed this recipe “One of the best smoothies I’ve made thus far,” crediting the addition of some granola as the icing on the cake! Thanks to the frozen fruit and the addition of ice, it’s also thick enough to enjoy as a smoothie or smoothie bowl! It’s the perfect breakfast or post-workout reward.
Special Diet Notes: Strawberry Chai Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, paleo, and vegetarian. Just be sure to pick the milk beverage, protein powder, and granola that suit your dietary needs.
- 1 cup leftover chai (chai tea + dairy-free milk beverage)
- 1 small frozen banana
- ½ to 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop dairy-free protein powder (vanilla or plain)
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Paleo granola, for topping
- Add the chai, frozen banana, strawberries, protein powder, and cinnamon to your blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add the ice, as desired to thicken it, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a bowl or glass, and top with the granola. You can also top with fresh fruit, and other toppings, as desired!