Easy Baked Cinnamon Toast is a seemingly fancy, yet very simple brunch! It puffs up as it bakes making a fluffy French toast bake packed with sweet cinnamon flavor. Enjoy with maple syrup and fresh fruit!
Special Diet Notes: Baked Cinnamon Toast
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. Optionally nut-free.
- 8 slices crusty bread, at least 1 inch/2.5 cm thick
- 8 eggs
- 3 cups dairy-free milk alternative
- ¾ cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- Icing sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F (180° C).
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch (3.5 L) baking dish.
- Place the bread snugly into the baking dish adding more bread if required.
- Lightly beat the eggs, then stir in the milk alternative, maple syrup, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Pour the mixture over the bread.
- Bake uncovered for about 55-60 minutes, or until golden brown and the center is set.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar or drizzle with additional maple syrup.
- Serve immediately.
- This baked French toast puffs up in the oven to resemble a soufflé. Garnish with orange slices and strawberries for a festive, but easy, brunch.