This recipe for green curry hummus was originally shared with us by Heather Kessler as a “15 minutes or less” entry in the Fast & Fresh Dairy-Free Time Trials Recipe Contest that we hosted with So Delicious. But since it’s got such a beautiful green hue, I decided to give it a refresh in time for St. Patrick’s Day.
Heather uses a blend of Thai-inspired flavors, including inexpensive green curry paste, to strongly influence the flavor of this bean-based dip. In keeping with the theme, she swaps coconut for the tahini, making this a seed-free spread. It may not be traditional, but I think this green curry hummus still earned its name.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Green Curry Hummus
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, and generally food allergy-friendly.
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed (or 3 cups cooked)
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut (can sub 3 tablespoons coconut butter, if preferred)
- ⅓ cup cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, coarselly chopped
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño or red chili peppers
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup plain dairy-free coconut milk beverage or lite coconut milk, or as needed
- Add the beans, coconut, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, curry paste, peppers, ginger, and salt to your food processor and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the coconut milk beverage as needed through the shoot to get the consistency desired.
- Serve with pita chips or fresh cut vegetables, such as carrots, peppers and broccoli.
More Flavorful Hummus Recipes
Artichoke Hummus (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Moroccan Spiced Pumpkin Hummus (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
Super Olive Hummus (vegan, gluten-free & allergy-friendly)
I make hummus with cooked chicken, garbanzo beans and whatever seasonings I feel like at the time. I usually eat it with gluten free pretzels so to get it to stick to the pretzel I add some dairy free cream cheese or some mayo. I can’t wait to try your hummus recipes. I am on a Gluten Free, Mammal Free, Nightshade Free diet that gets somewhat boring. Thanks for sharing your recipes!
Sounds interesting Kathy! Glad I can help inspire 🙂
Pingback: Super Olive Hummus Recipe (creamy, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free)