This Cinnamon Hemp Seed Butter recipe was created by Kristen Suzanne, and shared with us by Manitoba Harvest. It uses the convenience of hemp seed butter, but I’ve included a DIY hemp seed butter option in case you are unable to locate some.
Cinnamon Hemp Seed Butter that’s Homemade in Minutes
Hemp seeds are very tender, fatty, tiny little seeds. Unlike many other seeds, they blend very well, and can become a rich, creamy butter. They’re relatively high in protein and fat, 9 grams and 14 grams per ounce, respectively, and they also contain a whopping 6000 milligrams of ALA omega-3 fatty acids. That’s around 400 to 500% of the daily recommended intake. Consequently, they’re a great option for keto, low carb, and paleo diets.
Hemp seed butter does have a greenish hue, and a bit of a grassy taste. To mitigate this very natural taste, we like to blend in flavors, like in this cinnamon hemp seed butter recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Cinnamon Hemp Seed Butter
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, vegetarian, optionally paleo, and top food allergy-friendly.
- ½ cup hemp seed butter (see below)
- 2 teaspoons raw agave nectar, honey or maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt, or to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the hemp seed butter, sweetener, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, until smooth.
- To keep it fresh, store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will keep for up to 2 months.
No Sugar Added Citrus Variation: Omit the sweeter and salt, but whisk in 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed orange juice.