Piled high with autumn apples and topped with a peanut buttery crumble, this dessert makes a great after-school treat. Or, you can serve it as a special twist on holiday apple pie.
Alisa L. created this peanut butter apple crumble pie, which won a “PB My Way” regional recipe contest. The recipe with photo was shared with us by the Southern Peanut Growers.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Peanut Butter Apple Crumble Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For a peanut-free apple crumble pie, substitute sunflower seed butter or pea butter for the peanut butter and omit the peanuts.
For a gluten-free peanut butter apple crumble pie, use your favorite gluten-free pie crust, and substitute your favorite gluten-free flour blend for the all-purpose flour in the filling and crumble.
- Prepared dairy-free pie crust
- 7 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup dairy-free buttery spread (can sub coconut oil)
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- Chopped peanuts (optional)
- Bake the pie crust as instructed by the recipe or package.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- To make the apple filling, put the apples, sugar, flour, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Stir until the ingredients are well distributed.
- Spoon the apple mixture into the baked pie crust.
- To make the peanut butter crumble, put the oats, flour, and brown sugar in a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the buttery spread and peanut butter and whisk until pea-sized crumbs form.
- Sprinkle the crumble over the apples. Don’t worry if it appears tall; the apples will cook down .
- Cover the pie crust edge with foil.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, removing the foil in the last 15 minutes.
- Garnish the pie with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Key Ingredients & Supplies: Peanut Butter Apple Crumble Pie
Pingback: Dairy-Free Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe: A Decadent Layered Dessert!
Pingback: Dairy-Free Sweet Potato Pie Recipe: A Classic Holiday Dessert