This Pina Colada Ice Cream recipe is an official entry in the So Delicious Dairy Free Recipe Contest!
Recipe By: Dione Schwarz
- 1-1/2 cups crushed fresh or canned pineapple with juice (I used fresh)
- 1 cup unsweetened milk alternative (such as So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage)
- 1 cup dairy-free creamer (such as So Delicious Original Coconut Milk "Creamer")
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup raw blue agave
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (for brightness)
- ½ cup medium fine unsweetened coconut flakes.
- In a food processor crush the fresh or canned pineapple and transfer to a bowl
- Blend together all other ingredients, except coconut flakes with hand mixer, blender or food processor and then mix with crushed pineapple.
- Transfer mixture into an ice cream maker, add ½ cup coconut flakes, and freeze according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Enjoy as a soft serve, or scoop into a container and harden ice cream for scooping later.