Vegan blondies are already treats worth celebrating, offering a soft, chewy bite and deep caramel flavor in every sweet morsel. But adding a pinch of salt heightens that crave-worthy experience, while a touch of coffee lends depth to the whole package. But the true secret ingredient? Melted dairy-free ice cream is added directly into the bars themselves to hit all the right notes with ease.
And of course, the experience is perfected with a big scoop of that same ice cream on top! In this case, we used perfectlyfree caramel cafe.
The perfectlyfree frozen dessert line is a new spin-off on the on the wonderful coconut cream filling in their popular non-dairy bites. The pints are currently available in three flavors: Strawberry Sundae, Caramel Cafe, and Fudge Swirl.
And perfectlyfree is a top allergen free company! That means each scoop is free of dairy, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, and gluten. We just couldn’t resist adding some walnuts to this vegan blondies recipe as an option, but you can easily omit them for nut-free!
Perfectlyfree non-dairy frozen dessert is also certified vegan, and free of artificial flavors, colors, and preservatives. It’s made with a rich coconut cream base and swirled with flavor. We really enjoyed it by the scoop, but it does provide a wonderful base to recipes, like these vegan blondies, too!
This post is sponsored by perfectlyfree, but as always, we only work with products that we love! The vegan blondies recipe and photos are by Hannah Kaminsky, a Go Dairy Free team member, professional photographer, and vegan cookbook author.
Special Diet Notes: Salted Caramel Cafe Vegan Blondies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free vegan blondies, Hannah substitutes Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 gluten-free baking flour for the all-purpose flour.
- 6 tablespoons dairy-free buttery spread or coconut oil, melted
- ⅔ cup firmly-packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup Perfectly Free Caramel Cafe Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (see notes above for gluten-free)
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional; omit for nut-free)
- Perfectly Free Caramel Cafe Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Put the buttery spread or oil, brown sugar, and melted ice cream in a mixing bowl and whisk or beat with a hand mixer until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the nuts (if using).
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined. Be careful not to overmix, which will yield tough vegan blondies. A few lumps in the batter are okay.
- Transfer the batter to your prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
- Bake for 26 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and the edges pull away from the pan slightly. Let the blondies cool completely before cutting.
- Serve topped with a scoop of frozen dessert!
Pingback: Orange Creamsicle Vegan Semifreddo Recipe to Impress Every Guest
Pingback: À La Yum! Salted Caramel Cafe Vegan Blondies Recipe
Those blondies look amazing, so chewy and buttery. I’m also loving all of the new vegan frozen desserts that are coming out. Even though I don’t usually indulge, it’s great to see so many options for those who do.
I think the blondies and ice cream are both right up your alley Linda! The blondies are quite indulgent, but the ice cream isn’t as sugary as many others.
Yum! These look so delicious and perfect for dessert tonight. I have family in town and I think that they would absolutely love these!
I bet they would 🙂 I hope y’all get the chance to enjoy them Christine!
These blondies would be a big hit for dessert! Total dessert perfection!
Yep, impossible for anyone to resist I think!
I’m in love with blondie recipes right now so this is perfect timing!! Also salted caramel anything is my fave so I’ll have to look for that ice cream. Sounds amazing.
I’m with you! Blondie over brownie any day in this house.
These look so delicious! I love how you’re able to use the ice cream in the recipe itself. I shared the recipe with one of my friends who is vegan too!
Isn’t that fun?! I don’t think people realize how well melted ice cream works in baked goods! Thanks for sharing Kaila 🙂
These blondies are the stuff daydreams are made of. They sound incredibly chewy and delicious. And I’m excited about that allergy-friendly ice cream option.
Agreed, these are dessert nirvana!
These salted caramel blondies look beyond incredible! And I agree with the a la mode part!
I NEED to try this ice cream!
Yes, yes you do Elena 🙂
This is an awesome way to use the perfectlyfree dessert. I never thought of melting it to use as an ingredient. I know these will be delicious.
Thanks Amanda! I’m always in awe of your perfectlyfree recipe ideas, too!
Oh yum, I love blondies!! You took it to the next level with that ice cream!
Yep, ice cream in the blondies and on top of them!
Can’t wait to make the gluten free recipe! These look amazing!
I bet they would be perfect with your flour blend Jules.
I’m drooling over these blondies! I’m going to have to have to look for that ice cream the next time I go shopping.
Glad we could entice! And yes, the ice cream is worth looking for 🙂