This recipe for dairy-free chocolate crepes is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Victoria Richard. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Chocolate Crepes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. Just be sure to use certified gluten-free oat flour, if needed.
Flour Tip: You can grind oats with a spice grinder or food processor to quickly obtain oat flour.
- ⅓ cup gently packed oat flour (use certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 ½ tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 scoop So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Almond Milk Ice Cream
- 3 sliced strawberries
- Strawberry sauce
- Combine oat flour, cocoa powder and salt in a bowl. Add almond milk, oil and egg, whisk until smooth.
- Heat a non stick skillet over low heat, can add a bit more oil in the pan if you like. Add a third of the mixture into the pan and swirl it around so the pan is covered.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until top bubbles and the flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stuff with vanilla dairy-free ice cream and sliced strawberries. Fold over and serve topped with strawberry sauce.