Pecan Pie (Vegan)
- 2-1/2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tblsps flax seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons arrowroot
- ⅓ cup soymilk
- prebaked pie crust
- Place the pecans in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the maple syrup, rice syrup, vanilla extract, ginger, and salt.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, then remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- In a spice grinder, grind the flaxseeds to a powder.
- Combine the arrowroot, soymilk, and flaxseed meal with the maple syrup mixture, pour into a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the liquid from the blender over the pecans.
- Mix well and pour into a prebaked pie shell.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes, or until the filling has firmed up.
- Let cool.