Last Updated September 2020! We’ve created this ever-growing guide to restaurants, bakeries, cafes, and ice cream shops in Oklahoma that are friendly to dairy-free diners. It’s a collection based on research and reader recommendations (send yours!), that’s divided into local restaurants (first) and chains (second).
Note: You can ignore the date on this post going forward. We’ll update the information below whenever we’re alerted to a new restaurant recommendation, change, or closure.
Local Oklahoma Restaurants Recommended for Dairy-Free Eats
We’ve listed these recommendations alphabetically by city, and then by the restaurant or shop name.
⭐️ = Restaurant is either dairy-free, has a dairy-free menu, has dairy-free labels on their menu(s), or lists top allergens with menu items. (At the time of our last review.)
- CherryBerry Frozen Yogurt Bar – The flavors rotate at this Midwestern chain, but at any given time, you can usually find at least a few dairy-free flavors. They offer creamy vegan Silk almondmilk frozen yogurt in Chocolate and Vanilla. And they swirl numerous dairy-free sorbets, including Chocolate Fudge and a variety of fruity flavors. The staff has ingredient information, and can open new topping bags if cross-contamination is a concern.
- The Yellow Rose Theater – Lynda emailed this recommendation for dinner and a show. “I called last week to see if they accommodate food allergies. They said they do, so I told them I am allergic to milk. I was served brisket with BBQ sauce, green beans, squash, salad with vinegar and oil dressing, and fresh blueberries and sliced strawberries for dessert. Not decadent, but thoughtful.”
- The Earth Cafe – This neighborhood cafe and deli has a natural and organic focus, and many of their menu items can be made dairy-free. They serve breakfasts made with eggs or tofu (for vegan), salads with your choice of dressing (including vegan ranch), and sandwiches with various options. You can choose meat or vegan meat, mayo or vegan mayo, and omit any cheese or order Daiya dairy-free cheese alternative. They also have almond milk and soymilk available to make your smoothie or coffee drink.
- Flower Child – This healthy restaurant chain serves salads, bowls, and plates with choose your own protein and side options. Their modern “hippie” menu is loaded with organic produce, whole grains (gluten-free, too), and house dressings. Their menu is littered with vegan and paleo options, and most items either are, or can be made dairy-free on request.
- Green Goodies – This sweet little bakery has a vegan-friendly section, right in their display case. They offer daily vegan breakfast pastries and cupcakes, and have a whole gluten-free range of treats – some of which are also dairy-free. You can savor one with a coffee drink and oat, almond, coconut, or soy milk. They also bake custom cupcakes and cookie cakes, and can make your order dairy-free, gluten-free, and/or vegan.
- The Flame Broiler ⭐️ – They contacted us to announce they run a completely dairy-free restaurant chain. It’s a counter-serve spot that makes healthy Asian-style rice bowls free of MSG, high fructose corn syrup, and trans fats. There menu is actually quite simple, with chicken, angus beef, and tofu for the protein options (you can order half and half!), and your choice of white or brown rice, veggies, rice and veggies, or salad. Your order is served without sauce, but they have Magic Sauce, Magic Dressing, and a trio of Hot Sauces (regular, hot hot, and triple hot). They have vegan, gluten-free, and allergy-friendly options and a kid’s size. This chain is primarily in California, but they have one location in Oklahoma.
Most Popular Chains in Oklahoma for Dairy-Free Diners
There are many more chains in this state, but these are the ones we recommend most for dairy-free options.
- Pei Wei (Asian Fast Casual)
This Guide is Continuously Updated with Recommendations
We welcome you to recommend other dairy-free friendly restaurants. Leave a comment or contact us and tell us why you like a certain restaurant. Restaurant owners and employees are also invited to reach out and let us know how you welcome dairy-free customers.
Please kindly let us know in the comments if any of these restaurants close. We want to keep this list current for you, but aren’t always notified when a restaurant closes. Let us know and we will quickly update!
This Guide is for Informational Purposes Only
Menus, ingredients, kitchen procedures, management, and restaurants are subject to change at any time. Always read the menu and discuss your dietary needs with the staff before ordering. Make sure that they can accommodate your situation.
There is always a risk for potential cross-contamination of allergens in any commercial kitchen. If cross-contamination is an issue for you, always speak with the manager to ensure that your meal can be safely prepared. Listings here do not guarantee that a restaurant is safe enough for your individual needs. Only you can make that decision.