This recipe for dairy-free mud pie is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Kaitlyn Groene. To qualify, the recipe contains 8 ingredients or less, but includes Coconut Milk, Almond, and Soy Frozen Desserts by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This dairy-free mud pie is a stack of sweet deliciousness that includes four different frozen desserts!
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Mud Pie Ice Cream Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 10 So Delicious Dairy Free Coconut Milk Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 large package (quart) So Delicious Dairy Free Mocha Fudge Soy Ice Cream
- 15-20 dairy-free lady fingers
- 1 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 pint So Delicious Dairy Free German Chocolate Coconut Milk Ice Cream, softened
- 8 So Delicious Dairy Free Mocha Almond Fudge Bars, sticks removed
- Soy whipped cream, optional
- In a 13x9-inch glass pan with deep sides lay down the 10 ice cream sandwiches on the bottom.
- Layer one half of the package of mocha fudge soy ice cream on top.
- Soak the lady fingers in the coffee liquor and layer in a single layer on top of the ice cream.
- Layer one pint of the German chocolate coconut milk ice cream.
- Layer the mocha fudge fudge bars sticks removed and layer the second half of the mocha fudge soy ice cream on top.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours until firm.
- Serve in slices and top with soy whipped cream, if desired!