Both the Curry Powder and Lentil Curry in a Hurry recipes are vegan, gluten-free (wheat-free), soy-free, egg-free, nut-free, and of course, milk-free and dairy-free.
As for the finished product, keep in mind, lentil curry isn’t a real looker (okay, far from it), but it tastes good! …
Recipe from Dancer on Recipezaar
- 4½ teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1½ teaspoons cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon cardamom, whole,without pods (I used ground)
- ½ inch cinnamon stick (I used a few shakes of ground cinnamon)
- ¼ teaspoon whole cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Toss all of the spices into your spice grinder and whiz until a fine powder forms, about 1 minutes, give or take.