Baked by Melissa is a bite-sized sensation in New York, but they didn’t come onto our dairy-free radar until now. This rapidly expanding bakery has launched mini vegan cupcakes in several stuffed-with-sweetness flavors. You can stop by one of their bakeries to try them, or have a batch delivered straight to your home – anywhere in the country!
Baked by Melissa is Sweet on Vegan Cupcakes in Six Small Ways
Unlike most cupcakeries, Baked by Melissa makes two-bite treats that ooze with indulgence. Each little cupcake is frosted and topped, and some even have filling, to ensure maximum dessert satisfaction in a minimum package. The new vegan varieties include:
- Strawberry: Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Icing, topped with Strawberry Streusel
- Peanut Butter: Peanut Butter Cake, stuffed with Peanut Butter, and topped with Peanut Butter Icing and Salted Peanuts
- Chocolate Vanilla Chip: Chocolate Cake and topped with Vanilla Icing and Rainbow Sprinkles & Mini Chocolate Chips
- Triple Chocolate Chip: Chocolate Cake, stuffed with Fudge, and topped with Chocolate Icing and Candy Coated Chips
- Cookie Dough: Yellow Cake, stuffed with Cookie Dough, and topped with Chocolate Icing and Cookie Dough
- Superfood: Chia Spirulina Cake and topped with Beet Icing and Sesame & Sunflower Seed Streusel
Baked by Melissa vegan cupcakes are sold online in 25, 50, and 100 packs with mix-and-match options. If you happen to be in New York, you can pick up a hand-crafted vegan cupcake single or a six-pack just for yourself. They say that 4 to 5 cupcakes treats one person to a fully satisfying dessert, but 2 to 3 cupcakes per person is enough for parties where other desserts are served.
Baked by Melissa states that their facilities handle peanuts and tree nuts. We have to assume that they also handle milk and eggs, since they do make “regular” cupcakes. The vegan cupcakes contain coconut, and though it isn’t stated, they appear to be wheat-based. This bakery is a little haphazard with their top allergen labeling – only addressing nuts – so I would contact them on their production processes if you have any severe food allergy concerns.
Where to Find Baked by Melissa
They have 14 retail locations in New York and same-day delivery for customers in Manhattan. They also ship throughout the U.S. See the website below for addresses, hours, and to order online.