Please Note: This brand was formerly known as just "Peanut Better" but it is now sold under the Sunland name, but with the same formulas.
It is time for Nutella fans to upgrade to this higher quality, milk-free Chocolate Peanut Butter. The deep chocolate flavors of this blend behave like strong undertones to create a rich but mellow spread. Similar to a good dark chocolate, it has just a hint of sweetness, enough to compliment morning toast or to use as a banana dip.
Once stirred, the consistency is very smooth and thick with the occasional texture and flavor burst of fine sugar. I wanted to use this nut butter to create a frosting for cupcakes, and to trial out the Chocolate Peanut Butter Sauce recipe on the Peanut Better website. But alas, it was too addictive and popular for tasting. The jar didn’t make it past dipping and toast.
- Pros: Vegan; Gluten-free; Soy-free; High quality organic ingredients; Dark chocolate flavor; smooth consistency
- Cons: Not as sweet or “milky” as Nutella; Slight granular (but sweet) taste from the sugar; The jar goes too quickly
- Nutella Fans Seeking a Dairy Free Upgrade
- Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Lovers
- Chocolate Sauces & Frostings
Where to Buy:
- Online – www.PeanutBetter.com
- In Stores – Natural food stores and major grocers nationwide; see their website for a store locator