Fig Fans rejoice! Another unique flavor combination has successfully emerged from the kitchen of Kookie Karma. I enjoy figs, but had never entertained the idea of using them in a recipe, let alone in a cookie. Yet this creative blend of organic cashews, almonds, organic figs, lemon juice, organic agave nectar, and sea salt really works.
Though we wouldn’t describe any flavor in this cookie to be overpowering, figs are the predominant theme. With each bite a bold lemon flavor also emerges and tapers off into the mild taste of nut butter. Like the other raw Kookie Karma cookies, the texture is a cross between a power bar and a nut-studded cookie. However, the Lemon Fig variety has an added element of interest, fig seeds.
This Kookie Karma selection is more of a healthy treat than a cookie indulgence. It is pleasantly sweet, but I would describe it as an energy bar in a cookie shape. That being said, the Lemon Fig Cookie is a good source of protein, fiber, vitamin C, and iron. The figs even provide a small dose of calcium (60mg).
- Pros: Vegan; Raw; Made with mostly organic ingredients; Gluten-free; Soy-free; High in protein; Low in sodium; Trans fat-free; Contains no refined sugars or flours (low glycemic)
- Cons: It is a high calorie / high fat food, but this is due to the good supply of almonds and cashews in each cookie
- Fig and Lemon Fans
- Morning or Afternoon Energizer
- A Post-Workout Treat
- Raw and Vegan Diets
Where to Buy:
- Online – www.kookiekarma.com
- In Stores – Select stores in the U.S.